Mechanical & CFD Engineer
Description of the company
Plenesys is a young, dynamic and innovative deeptech startup working in the fields of energy, sustainable development and industrial processes. The startup is a winner of several innovation and entrepreneurship competitions, including the ADEME “i-Nov” 2020 competition and the “Grand Prix” of the MESRI “i-Lab” 2018 competition.
Plenesys is based in Sophia-Antipolis (06) and currently has 10 employees. Plenesys is currently developing several technological solutions in the field of energy, including a disruptive process for the production of clean hydrogen at competitive prices.
Within our team, you will contribute to the technical development of our products.
In the context of this position, your activities could concern one or all of the following missions:
- Participation in product development: Dimensioning (structure, automation mechanism) – Detailed mechanical design (SolidWorks) – Structural calculation – Numerical simulations (CFD) – Technician assistance and participation in experimental tests – Writing of reports and calculation notes – Writing of certification reports.
- Pre-project studies: Scientific support – Preparation of specifications – Pre-design, sizing and costing studies.
- Technical follow-up of purchasing and marketing: Preparation of industrial drawings – Follow-up of manufacturing – Follow-up of assembly – Start-up at the customer’s premises – Purchasing and exchanges with suppliers.
You have a Master/PhD degree: engineer from a top school or equivalent/doctor. You have a minimum of experience in similar positions or through relevant internships.
- Knowledge of CAD and knowledge of material and structural science is required
- Knowledge of CFD, heat transfer, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics is highly desirable
- Knowledge of experimental measurements and industrial design standards is desirable
- Knowledge of manufacturing and machining tools is a plus
- A good level of English is required (read, written and spoken)
You are proactive, interested in new clean technologies and want to work in an evolving start-up environment. You are a self-starter, like to learn and have the ability to adapt quickly and maintain excellent relationships with our customers.
The position may require travel in France and abroad.
Contract and salary
Contract: Permanent contract.
Collective agreement SYNTEC.
Salary to be determined according to skills and experience.
Working in a human-sized startup is an excellent opportunity to discover a fast-moving, innovative environment.
Email to apply: [email protected] with Resume and cover letter. Please specify the reference [CDI-IMS2022] in the subject of your email.